Although considered an optional treatment, fiber protection is arguably just as important as the cleaning itself.
Investing in a quality fiber protector pays off by…
- Significantly prolonging the life of your upholstery and carpets
- Providing easy stay removal and release of soils and spills
- Acting as a shield against oil and water based stains
- Protecting against UV sun-fading
- Reducing wear and tear by encapsulating the fibers and preventing fading/fraying/abrasion
- Prevent fiber damage and appearance loss in heavy-use areas that otherwise causes premature replacement of carpet and upholstered furniture
- Making vacuuming twice as effective by allowing particulates to be easily extracted
- Improving indoor air quality by defusing airborne irritants, allowing the vacuum to quickly remove them
- Preventing the spread of unwanted bacteria and germs
- Dramatically improving professional cleaning results by preventing embedded soil and spills
- Reducing the amount of water and detergents necessary for cleaning
Cunningham’s has over a decade of experience in the cleaning, restoration, and maintenance of textiles and soft goods. We’ve invested a significant amount of time into researching and testing fiber protectors to ensure that our clients are provided with the best performing products.
Knowing that no carpet or upholstery receives the same traffic and treatment, we offer multiple levels of protection to cater to your specific needs.
Applying the standard protector provides a basic layer of protection against everyday soils and spills. Comparable to the coverage applied by many manufacturers during the production process, this treatment is an economical, albeit temporary, solution for carpets and upholstery.
The fiber is protected completely, not just at the top, so spills will not bead up and then soak through to create stains. Post-treatment spills can be easily removed, even months later, as they don’t penetrate the textile fibers.
Standard protector should be reapplied every six months, or after a professional cleaning, whichever comes first.
Our premium protector is a world leader in protective treatments and provides the most effective level of defense available for your textiles. It’s a long-term safeguard against not only spills and stains, but minimizes the natural breakdown of textile fibers due to everyday traffic. It allows almost any liquid to be easily removed from practically any soft material, significantly reduces static build-up, and provides excellent ultra-violet protection to prevent color fade. By protecting the fibers, cleaning is performed more efficiently and the appearance of soft furnishings is significantly enhanced. Treated fabrics, leather, and carpets will outperform untreated materials and those treated with other products.
It’s the next generation of technologically advanced treatments, and prevents the spread of bacteria through carpets and fabrics that would usually act as a breeding ground for germs. Completely harmless to humans, animals, and the environment; the innovative treatment incorporates antimicrobial technology, and acts biocidically to prevent the development and spread of bacteria, while offering protection against staining and dirt retention.
This application is recommended for carpets or upholstery that are subject to frequent use and traffic, commercial use, or textiles that may carry a higher value. Unlike the standard protector, premium protectors withstand professional cleanings and do not need to be as frequently reapplied. Reapplication recommendations vary based on the use and care of the textiles.