Rug Cleaning Process
Rug Cleaning can take many forms and some rugs will require special handling and portions of our process to be adjusted or omitted entirely, but here’s the basic process we use as a starting point:
Get the Cunningham advantage:
- Award winning service
- Woolsafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaners
- Green Cleaning
- Free Pick Up and Delivery
- Dusting – We used an industry-best automated duster to gently and effectively remove lose particles and contaminants from your rug. In some instances we’ll use forced air blown through the rug if we feel we can achieve better results with your specific rug.
- Urine Treatment – If required, your rug will be treated for urine and the pH will be stabilized before immersion cleaning. Keep in mind that while the odor is typically easier to remove, pet stains and the resulting damage is often irreversible.
- Washing – Once any pre-cleaning treatments are completed, your rug will be submerged in our Turkish bath and allowed to bathe in a gentle bath of water, specialized detergents, and a few secret items we use to perfect the bath water. While some rugs should NEVER be submerged, most have no problem with it and receive a far superior cleaning to any other method. No abrasive brushes, chemicals or temperatures are used; simply cool water, mild detergents and the hydraulic action of our 1,200 gallon wash tub.
- Spotting – Once the rug has completed it’s bath, we will examine the rug and perform spotting as necessary to complete the cleaning.
- Rinsing – One of the most important pieces of equipment we use is our dual-port centrifuge. Few cleaners in the world are lucky enough to possess such a machine, but your rug will be rinsed with cold water and spun at 1,000 revolutions per minute while the remaining soap, contaminants and particles are removed safely, gently and completely!
- Drying – your rug will be 98% dry by the time it finishes three minutes in the centrifuge. We will then hang your rug overnight to complete the drying process and verify with a hygrometer that drying is complete. We also test your rug to ensure that no bacteria has been allowed to re-enter your rug during drying, and we’ll happily share theses results with you and your family.
And that’s it! Your rug has now been given the most effective and complete spa-like treatment available. You have extended its life for generations to come and returned it to a healthy and safe condition with the proper cleaning it deserved. All without exposing it to harsh processes or chemicals!!
Contact us today for rug washing services performed with the utmost in high quality care and attention. We look forward to helping you achieve the safe, thorough and deep cleaning results you demand.