Rug Padding provides a protective layer between your floor and rug and helps minimize slippage, increases the life of the rug, makes the rug feel thicker and more luxurious, smooths out irregularities in the rug, and absorbs noise. We have rug padding in two different options and can fit one for your rug.
Why padding is important:
- Padding will extend the life of your rug for many years. It prevents carpet fibers from being crushed. The padding is a buffer between the rug and the hard surface below.
- Padding prevents slips and falls common with placing a rug on hard floors
- Cushion: Padding adds a softness to the feel of the rug.
- Padding protects the carpet or hardwood below from scratching, dye transfer and staining.
- Having a good pad under the rug allows for optimum air flow through, which helps in vacuuming particles out. While our thicker pad may appear dense, it’s quite porous.
Learn more about rug padding:
Every Rug need a Rug Pad – Good Housekeeping